Instagram Photos

Wednesday 28 May 2008

Fund-raising

Throughout last week, I was getting the fund-raising for Sichuan organized. We were just selling chocolate and the organization work really shouldn't take up that long. However, the problem was the powerpoint. As we wanted it to go on its own with a song playing as background music, the setting and timing was really difficult. After our restless work, we finally have the presentation in the hall during assembly on Monday. I was the representative who spoke on the stage. I was glad that I was able to use what I have learnt from the debate team and surprised that I didn't stuff up as all.

Our principal, Mr. Simons was really pleased about the presentation, pleased about what I have done and kept saying that I did really well throughout the week. I really wish that he realize that is a group work instead of my personal achievement. Everyone helped! Especially Diana, who have spent every night with me taking turn making adjustments for the powerpoint! She deserves admiration! Don't just come to me! I don't deserve all the admiration!!!

On the other hand, I am having my mid-year exam this week. All subjects I have so far were not difficult. I believe the fact that I have changed my study habit helped a lot. I am working a lot harder then I used to. I accepted the drilling exercise and work for long hours every day. The time to pay for some of my hard work has come. I don't have to spend a lot of time studying during the exam time anymore and finally have time to rest.

This time, I might be able to make mother's dream come true. I knew she wanted me to be the first in the year in all my school life, but she never said a word when I am not paying my full effort in studying and doing something else. And I believe this is the first time I manage to do all sort of things I want to, having every moment at school busy and getting exhausted every day, but still doing well at school.

The only subject left in Physics! Keep going!

No comments: